Sunday 25 September 2011

A landscape of possibilities

There's something really wonderful about creating and nurturing a garden. I've gardened, off and on, for about 30 years, but always in someone else's garden. It fed the need to get dirty and smell the earth, and I've learned many things over the years. 

In 2005, my husband, David and I bought a waterfront lot 40 minutes north of Kingston and we now have the chance to create the garden of our dreams. 

It's a challenge on many levels.  It's on the Canadian Shield. We don't have any top soil. We have a lot of rocks... sometimes too many. Luckily we have such a lot of land, that we can toss the rocks somewhere else.  I'm sure that one day we will regret that.  We have deer. We don't have a tap. The list goes on and on.

It's been 6 years now and every year we add a little. I decided that it's time to document our progress as when we've finished, we won't remember what hard work went into making our dream. This is a good way to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment